Bloody Far

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Be Prepared?

Oh SOOO much time has passed and there is so much to say and so many things have happened, passed, transpired, occurred ... I'm not sure if the synapses in my brain can fire sufficiently and Efficiently enough to recall all that I have witnessed and/or been a part of in the past couple of months! Everything from the very first item sold in our stateside apartment to finding the perfect Sydney pizza has been a part of the transformation from the "I have lived in the same state in the same country all my life" Californian to the "I am moving to a place I have never been - thank God they speak English!!" international naive traveler/migrant. Despite what anyone may say, if you have not done this before, I strongly believe (now) that nothing or no one can truly prepare you for something like this. Kind of like when I was going to Japan and everyone that I knew that had been there said "oh, you will be fine - people in the big cities all speak English and there are English signs ... " That is one of the most optimistic statements ever made! But I digress ... the point is that you think you are prepared, but moving to another country is an amazing and overwhelming and insane and life altering experience. You should try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home